While I was volunteering at a birth clinic in Bali, a midwife taught me about a greater significance of the placenta that I had not known before. She taught me it was a baby’s spiritual twin and guardian of the baby. After a birth, while the mother’s energy was depleted or she lost a substantial amount of blood, the midwife would give her a bit of her placentA (dipped in honey) and within moments the bleeding would stop. The mother would seem revived.
Placenta medicine is the most local medicine, grown by women’s own bodies to nourish their babies and themselves. When women consume their placenta, they have:
- Increased energy in the days, weeks and months after birth.
- Balanced emotions, less ‘baby blues,’ postpartum depression.
- Fast involution of the uterus (return to normal), less bleeding.
- Rapid healing time from birth tears or trauma.
- Greater milk supply and ease of breastfeeding.
- Improved bonding with their baby.
- Restoration of essential hormones, nutrients & minerals.
A spoonful of honey and placenta might not be your thing, so I can transfer your placenta into:
Capsules: They’re tasteless, last about a year, and the effects can be felt immediately.
Tinctures: You and your child can use these tinctures during any time of transition, trauma, or emotional distress and it will ease your symptoms. You can later use it for menopause and if you have a daughter she can use it during menses.